Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Three R's

Reduce Reuse Recycle

I got an awesome custom order from Australia this week, and have really enjoyed creating her notecards! I wanted to find a way to wrap her card orders so she has a wonderful present inside her package.










I have really been working hard at becoming environmentally friendly with all my packaging. It is important for all of us to do our part, in keeping our environments clean and healthy.


My newest trick is using paper bags as my wrapping. What an easy trick, and it really does look lovely.

Would you enjoy opening up this package???


Here is an easy tutorial to follow for your own shop.

1. gather tape, scissors, and a old brown paper bag

2. Cut the bag to size to wrap your item








3. Wrap your items just like a Christmas present





4. Make a special Note just for the buyer, something they will appreciate.
(Mine is a sweet little tag made from recycled paper)










5. Go "hunting" through your apartment for recycled ribbon, yarn, lace, etc. to tie your package.
(I use yarn)

6. Tie the package with the item you found and add your "note-to-buyer"


It really is just that easy. As shop owners, we all should be considerate of the items we use to wrap our projects. I hope this tutorial gave you a new idea!



Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails